Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Caution



So we had a little mis hap this week in the Shurtleff house. I know total shocker, one of my kids hurt themselves wow thats new. hahaha.
Anyway, the kids were home on Monday cuz Lily was sick and I didnt want to get the Babysitters kids sick. Lily wanted Ramen and it was the 1st thign she wanted to eat in 4 days so I told Cole to be VERY careful and make Lily Ramen in the microwave. Well he did and set her Ramen down and she sat at the tabel like normal, well the Ramen tipped over and spilled on her. She has 2nd dgree burns on her chest. The Dr said she was lucky to only have 3 blisters. This picture is after 2 days. She is starting to scab over and peel a little.
So I ask you to BE CAREFUL. Even as a mom this is somthing I could have done. She was just sitting down at the table, Normal, that was way out of control fast. On a good note the Dr told me she had an ear infection too, that is why she was sick.
She is on a Sulfa cream and Amoxicilin, both of which I am super allergic to so Tad gets to take care of her.
I love Lily and I am glad that the burn wasnt as bad as it could have been.
Take care of your little ones and stay away from the Ramen. haha.
Tabby

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Poor Lily, I hope she heals quickly and that it doesn't scar. That new microwave must be super powerful. It's definitely a wake up call for me I microwave ramen all the time. I think it's hard to know when you can trust your children to do things independently. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Poor thing. I pour out most of the water for this very reason. I'm so afraid of accidents like this. Hugs and kisses to you all.

    ReplyDelete